Call for Papers — Open Sessions
School Libraries Section
- 20 April 2023, 13:41
Theme: "IFLA School Library Manifesto"
The IFLA School Libraries section is seeking proposals for papers to be presented at the Open Session at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2023 in Rotterdam, Netherlands on the theme “IFLA School Library Manifesto”.
As the last IFLA School Library Manifesto, dated in 1999, needed to be updated, a process started in 2018. Following several calls for inputs worldwide, the School Library Manifesto was finally approved in December 2022 by IFLA Governing Board.
The new School Library Manifesto now reflects the last evolution of school libraries and school librarians worldwide through five subthemes: vision, mission and goals, funding, legislation and networks, operation and management, including qualified professional library staff, promoting and disseminating the School Library Manifesto.
We invite papers that illustrate the new School Library Manifesto by providing examples of actions illustrating any one of the following topics:
- Vision of the school library
- Mission and goals of the school library
- Funding, legislation and networks of the school library
- operation and management, including qualified professional library staff, of the school library
- promoting and disseminating the School Library Manifesto
Each presentation will be 15 minutes and in English. Time for Q&A will be scheduled after the paper presentations.
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the Open Session in Rotterdam. To encourage diversity and under some circumstances, some presentations can be submitted by recorded videos, the decision on it will be up to the team committee organization.
The paper must be an original submission not presented or published elsewhere. All papers that are presented at the WLIC 2023 will be made available online via the IFLA Repository under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses for attending the Satellite Meeting (e.g., travel, accommodation, etc.) are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA.
Proposals must be submitted in an electronic format and must include the following information:
- Title of proposed presentation
- Style of presentation (paper or panel)
- Abstract of the proposed paper (no more than 500 words)
- Name(s) of presenters and positions and or titles
- Employer or affiliated institution
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Short biographical statement of no more than 100 words
- Note a willingness to comply with IFLA’s Authors’ Permission
- Papers / PPTs will be published in IFLA’s online Repository following conference
- Confirmation that you can attend the IFLA congress and present in person if selected
Send proposal abstracts (500 words or less) by 12 May 2023 to: email@example.com
- 12 May 2023 (friday): Deadline for submission of abstract
- 26 May 2023 (Friday): Notification of acceptance
- 17 July 2023 (monday): Deadline for submission of presenter information and final paper
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on the Apply for Grants & Awards webpage