Call for Volunteers IFLA WLIC 2023 Rotterdam
Invitation to Volunteers
On behalf of the Dutch National Committee of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) 2023 (https://2023.ifla.org), we kindly invite you to become a volunteer during the Congress that will be held from 21st until 25th August 2023 at Ahoy Convention Centre in Rotterdam.
Volunteers play an integral role in supporting WLIC 2023. They are key to creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for delegates while assisting the hosts in delivering a professionally run Congress.
A series of upskilling programmes and training sessions will be offered to volunteers, and an information kit will be provided regarding specific duties and benefits.
Receive free registration as a Volunteer at IFLA WLIC 2023. Volunteers are a valued part of the Congress. After your shifts, you can attend the conference sessions.
The criteria for selection are as follows:
- You must be at least 18 years.
- You must be available, through your own arrangements, to attend scheduled training sessions online and in person on Saturday, 19th August in Rotterdam.
- You are available, through your own arrangements, to perform your volunteer duties from 20th August until 25th August 2023. IFLA does not provide accommodation or transport during the congress.
- You are physically fit to maintain a moderate level of physical activity for 8 hours per day and able to be on foot and moving at a quick pace. If you are using a wheelchair, please indicate this in the volunteer form.
- Able to fund and take care of your own travel arrangements (including flights, visa, transportation, and accommodation).
The Application for Volunteers is open from 9 November, 2022 to 31 March, 2023.
We are looking for volunteers who have the time, dedication and enthusiasm to assist us deliver successfully this international event. If you are professional, committed, hardworking, reliable and culturally sensitive, then you are exactly what we are looking for. Your details on the completed forms will be held securely and confidentially. Only the selection committee will have access to this information.
If you have any questions, please send us an email: email@example.com