Call for Papers — Open Sessions
Library and Research Services for Parliaments Section
- 19 April 2023, 10:55
Theme: "Leveraging digital to support inclusive, accessible and innovative Parliamentary services"
IFLAPARL WLIC Open Session 2023, Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Call for Proposals
Deadline for Proposals: Monday May 15, 2023
The IFLA Library and Research Services for Parliaments Section – IFLAPARL – is seeking presentation proposals for its Open Session at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2023 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Theme: “Leveraging digital to support inclusive, accessible and innovative Parliamentary services”
Context: Before Covid, parliamentary services had been shifting to digital first environments; the pandemic expedited these changes and required that new ways of working be introduced. Share with your colleagues what your services have done in the digital environment to ensure inclusivity, accessibility and continue with innovations for the Parliaments, the Parliamentarians, the citizens they serve and also the support staff within these services.
We are looking for short (5-7 minutes), practical presentations on successful implementations related to the topics of:
- Products and services that help build an inclusive society
- Innovations that support a digital first environment
- Training the staff and/or the users, digital literacy programs, workshops etc.
- Innovative tools, products and services to create opportunity to participate, specifically in the Parliament process
Presentations will be in English. There is the opportunity to send a pre-recorded presentation but the session will be in-person only.
Following the presentations, the remaining time will be devoted to a workshop, where tables will be staffed with the presenters (or a representative if the presenter is unable to attend) and a facilitator. Attendees will be invited to self-select which table / presentation they would like to discuss further, to ask questions and share information.
Proposals must include:
- Title of proposed presentation
- Abstract (no more than 500 words)
- Name(s) of presenters and positions and or titles
- Employer or affiliated institution
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Short biographical statement of no more than 100 words
- Confirmation that you can attend the IFLA congress and present in person if selected
Please use as subject heading of your email “IFLAPARL WLIC OPEN″ followed by the name(s) of presenter(s).
Send proposals to:
Secretary, IFLA Section on Library and Research Services for Parliaments
Fabiola Elena Rosales Salinas
Information Coordinator, IFLA Section on Library and Research Services for Parliaments
- 15 May 2023 (Monday): Deadline for submission of abstract
- 26 May 2023(Friday): Notification of acceptance
- TBA: Deadline for submission of presenter information and final paper
- TBA: Deadline for submission of slides
All presentations made at the WLIC 2022 will be made available on the IFLA website under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.