Call for Papers — Open Sessions
LGBTQ+ Users Special Interest Group
- 13 April 2023, 09:28
Theme: "From Personal Narratives to Collective Memory: Archiving LGBTQ+ Lives and communities"
IFLA’s LGBTQ+ Users Special interest group is pleased to invite you to participate in its WLIC2023 open session on LGBTQ+ archives. This conference aims to bring together experts, practitioners, activists, and scholars to explore issues related to the collection, preservation, and dissemination of archives related to the LGBTQ+ community.
LGBTQ+ archives are essential for preserving the history and memory of the LGBTQ+ community. However, these archives are often fragmented and inaccessible, making it difficult to understand the history of the community. Therefore, this conference aims to address these issues and explore ways to make these archives more accessible and inclusive.
We invite proposals for papers that address the following themes:
- The collection and preservation of LGBTQ+ archives;
- Challenges related to access and use of LGBTQ+ archives;
- Innovative practices to make LGBTQ+ archives more accessible and inclusive;
- Critical perspectives on LGBTQ+ archives;
- Ethical issues related to the collection, preservation, and dissemination of LGBTQ+ archives.
We welcome submissions of original and unpublished papers from researchers, students, archivists, activists, and library professionals that address these themes. Proposals can be presented as individual papers or as panel discussions.
Paper proposals should be submitted in the form of an abstract of no more than 500 words by April 15th. Papers will be evaluated by a scientific committee and authors of selected proposals will be notified by May 15th .
We look forward to welcoming you to this exciting and thought-provoking conference.
Date and place of the conference
The Conference will take place during IFLA WLIC, from August 21st to Thursday 24th. See : https://2023.ifla.org/
Language of the sessions
The language of the sessions is English. However, presenters may choose to give their talk/oral presentation in any of the seven IFLA languages. Presentation slides must be in English.
- 15 April 2023 – Deadline for submitting a 500 word abstract and author information.
- 15 may 2023 – Presenters will be notified whether their proposals are accepted based on how well they have addressed the session theme.
- 30 June 2023 – Full texts of papers and brief biographies of the presenter(s) are due. Both abstracts and full papers should be submitted as a MS Word file by email.
Proposals must be submitted by email and must contain:
- E-mail subject line “LGBTQ+ Open Session – IFLA Rotterdam Paper Proposal”
- Title of proposed presentation
- Presenter(s) name, position and affiliation, email address, and biography (150 words maximum)
- An abstract in English (500 words)
- Language of the paper–Language of the presentation
Please submit your proposal to: email@example.com