Need a reason to join us in Rotterdam this August for IFLA WLIC 2023? With almost 200 sessions planned, and even more on the way, the upcoming World Library and Information Congress will give you dozens!
Our preliminary WLIC Programme is now available, so it’s time to start planning your week in Rotterdam! Explore the Congress Programme, pick sessions of your choice and set up your own agenda.
You can browse through the programme on the website but also customise your itinerary and choose from different export formats, such as Adobe PDF or as an iCalendar export for MS Outlook.
A wealth of innovative and thought-provoking sessions awaits you, including:
- Bringing Back Patrons to the Library: Promoting Community and In-Person Programming in Digital World
- IFLA’s global role in Open Access – engaging networks and partnerships for sustainable progress
- European libraries: Platforms for Democracy
- From Gutenberg to ChatGPT: Will AI change the mission of academic and research libraries?
- How Can Libraries Accelerate Climate Empowerment?
- Toxic Librarianship and Leadership?: Strategies and Methods in Addressing Difficult Workplace Environments
- Sustainability in practice – library design matters
- Let’s Read Together: Growing Communities Through Reading
- Artificial Intelligence, Partner or Rival? Implications for Government, Information and the Law
- Utopia, threat or opportunity first? Artificial Intelligence and machine learning for cataloguing
- Networks for Impact – enabling Change; Laws – Libraries – Leadership
- Will Generative AI be a friend or foe in the future of librarianship?
Use the iPLANNER to view the entire week’s worth of sessions.
Speaker and paper/presentation details are being continually updated, so be sure to check back for the sessions of your interest.