Calls for Abstracts
Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Division Committee Satellite Meeting
Title of Satellite Meeting: Librarying SDGs: sharing experiences for progress.
Meeting Description/ AIM
The IFLA Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Division Committee (FLA SSA-RDC) is organizing a two day meeting on the theme: Librarying SDGs: sharing experiences for progress. This is informed by the broader WLIC 2023.
Theme: Lets Library, Lets work Together.
You are invited to submit abstracts that demonstrate practical experiences on libraries involvement and engagement with other stakeholders towards realization of the SDGs
Day one will be paper presentations while the day two will adopt a workshop based mode approach on learning points from the best practice presented as they emerged (from the presentations of day one); and a way forward for libraries in Africa.
Satellite Meeting Aim
To share experiences and best practices on SDGs and the role of libraries
Satellite Meeting objectives:
- To understand the current status of SDGs in national environment
- To Share experiences about best practices around the roles of libraries in SDGs
- To identify stories that would feed into the library map of the world
- To develop an up to date document of what libraries are doing to support the SDGs in Africa
- To create a platform for exchanging ideas that will foster networks beyond WLIC 2023 and related meetings
This is a call for abstracts addresses the sub-themes below as they relate to libraries and SDGs. The abstracts should be structured in a way that meets the satellite meeting objectives. We invite abstracts from Africa and beyond.
- Open Science / Open Access through libraries
- Libraries & Digital inclusion
- Partnerships and collaborations
- Services for Youth, Gender and/or other special interest groups
Dates and location
19th and 20th of August 2023.
Venue: De Bibliotheek , Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Papers should be submitted and presented in English.
Submissions should include:
- title of the paper;
- abstract fitting in with the topics of the satellite in max. 500 words;
- presenter(s) name(s), professional affiliation, country, brief biographical note and a photo, email address.
Please submit your proposals to: Dr Sarah Kaddu via email@example.com
Cc Dr. Ayanda Lebele firstname.lastname@example.org
- All proposals must be in by 26th May 2023
- Proposals will be evaluated by the satellite program committee group and successful authors will be informed by 31st May 2023
- All expenses, such as travel, and accommodation and meals are the responsibility of the authors/presenters
- All presentations are to be in person by the author(s)
- Letters of invitation can be issued to presenters upon request.
- No Registration fee required for both presenters & all other participants.
This IFLA WLIC 2023 satellite is organised by IFLA Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Division committee in partnership with De Bibliotheek , Rotterdam