Generously sponsored by De Gruyter Publishing, the IFLA Green Library Award is given to libraries and projects that best communicate their commitment to environmental sustainability.
Objectives of the IFLA Green Library Award
- To reward a Green library / Green Library Projects that best communicate their commitment to environmental sustainability
- To create awareness of libraries’ social responsibility and leadership in environmental education
- To support the worldwide green library movement, concerned with
- environmentally sustainable buildings
- environmentally sustainable services, activities, programming, information resources, collections and projects
- conservation of resources and energy
- To promote the development of green library initiatives locally, regionally and worldwide
- To encourage all types of libraries to actively present their green activities to an international audience
Relevance to IFLA’s goals and values
Following the IFLA Key Initiative 1.1 Show the power of libraries in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, the award will help in advancing the profession through illuminating the role of libraries and librarians in the advancement of sustainability standards and the promotion of specialized knowledge within professional practice.
IFLA Green Library Award 2023
- IFLA Green Library Award Criteria
- IFLA Green Library Award 2023 Announcement: Call for Submissions
- IFLA Green Library Award 2023 Application Form
- IFLA Green Library Award 2023 Self Evaluation Form
Notification of the Short-list finalists will be sent in May 2023.
Finalists will be presented at 88th IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2023.
Past Award winners